PDA

View Full Version : Clemente "game used" bat on ebay - its a store model

ghostkid
08-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi ya'll,

I noticed this so called Roberto Clemente game used bat listed on eBay this week. Beware, this is a retail model bat with RC5 stamped on the knob - which the current seller (sportsprop) has conveniently neglected to mention or present in a picture. How do I know? I sold this same bat to sportsprop in early July via eBay (item #230146339131). In that auction I definitely stated that the knob is stamped with RC5 (with pictures). It bothers me when sellers try to misrepresent items to catch an unsuspecting bidder off-guard. Here are links to both the current auction, as well as my auction from early July.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300142012081&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230146339131&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=013

Kevin

b.heagy
08-21-2007, 06:58 PM
What a shame. Bat is at $180+ at the moment. Seller also has other store models listed as game used. Seller is careful how they advertise their items. One to look out for.

zonker
08-21-2007, 08:06 PM
sportsprop is a sraight up intentional crook! he sell's item's as 1 thing ship's and then when you receive and it's not what you bought, if he send's anything and you try to contact or anything, nothing! he sale's bogus item's to fund his collecting ventures. he sold 2 "dimaggio game used hat's" a "clemente bat" and a "jordan jersey" over a week's time and used the money he frauded his customer's out of (me included) bought him, if any of you guy's remember the pill box cap sighned by roger maris! well he bought that for a 2000.00 best offer. i wouldn't buy or trust anything he sale's to be legit. or as described or even what is pictured. sending your money to this guy will result in you being ripped and ebay doing absolutely nothing about it. look at his feedback. ebay removed my negative feedback and warning, because i had to prove what he sold me wasn't what he said , instead of making him prove what he sold me was legit. imagine that! you have to prove you got ripped instead of him proving he didn't rip you off. when you complain ,open a dispute or call his local police dept. in woodland hills ca.

bat_master
08-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I emailed ebay seller sportsprop through the Ernie Banks "game" bat that he is selling.

My message to him:

Why do you misrepresent the bats you sell? You're calling store model bats game bats. This is absolute fraud!!!

His classy reply:

why dont you mind your own business!!! so dry up and blow away!!

Yeah, that's a guy I'd buy stuff from.

ChrisCavalier
08-22-2007, 06:44 PM
I emailed ebay seller sportsprop through the Ernie Banks "game" bat that he is selling.
Tim,

Thank you for emailing the seller even though it doesn't seem to have been well received. Based on Kevin's initial post, it is certainly troubling that there was no mention of the retail model stampings on the knob especially since Kevin was very clear about them when the initial purchase was made.

-Chris

cohibasmoker
08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Zonker and bat_master,

Before I post a thread about sportsprop, I'd like to make sure we are talikng about the same guy. His first name is Tom and the last initial is "M". He lives in "woodland hills, CA".

As soon a one of you guys get back to me with a confirmation that we are talking about the same guy, I'll post a very interesting email that I received.

Jim

bat_master
08-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi Jim,

That's the guy. Not sure of his location, but that is his first name and last initial.

It's one thing if a person emails a seller and they deny it. That's an entirely different thread, but the most annoying thing is that this guy didn't even deny it!

cohibasmoker
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Tim,

My dealings with Mr. sportsprop started when he bid and won one of my Red Sox jerseys on eBay. I waited 2 weeks before filing a complaint with eBay because he never emailed me nor did he bother to send payment. Below are a couple of his responses that he left for me in the Dispute Console for the Unpaid Dispute.

sportsprop: dear seller- i have not been around as stated when my job calls i have to go.i am not making excuseswith my paypal ,this is a letter i wrote to all sellers that i won on thier auctions. why do youhave to be such a --- and leave bad feedback ??? your a real ass and i hope you get back what you dish out!! you do not even have the balls as a man to return email.have a crummy life you stiff!!!!

I responded with:

Non-Paying Buyer, A very nice response indeed. You're a real professional. To make a long story short, why are we in the position we are in? A simply answer - YOU DID NOT PAY so don't blame me, blame yourself. As for emails, you NEVER sent me a email to respond to. As for feedback, I DID NOT leave feedback for you.

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/tbx/s.gif
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/tbx/s.gifsportsprop: I AM A PROFESSIONAL AND I CAN NOT STAND DEALING WITH ANAL DORKS ,LIKE YOURSELF.JUST REMEMBER WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

Well, that's it. I haven't heard from him in seven days. Not a guy that I'd like to deal with again but everyone is free to make their own decisions on either of us.

Jim