PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick game used helmet or jersey

byergo
08-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Interested in game-used Mike Vick jersey or helmet, of course at a "market adjusted" price that reflects the current situation.

byergo
08-23-2007, 02:36 PM
No panic selling going on?!

Sheffield11
08-23-2007, 03:24 PM
of course at a "market adjusted" price that reflects the current situation.

You are one of a Kind

psmachetti
08-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm waiting until one of his "Penitentery Worn" jumpers goes on the market!:D
Paul

G1X
08-24-2007, 11:12 AM
OK, I'll take the bait. Anyone interested in a 2002 Michael Vick home jersey can email me at gixc@verizon.net I'll send pictures and the history of the jersey.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

Sheffield11
08-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Not interested, but whats the jerseys "market adjusted price do to the current situation?"

byergo
08-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Not sure the answer to that question myself, but there can be no doubt that the value of everything Vick has plummeted tremendously. What do you think on a percentage basis? Maybe 65% less?

Sheffield11
08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Im not really sure myself as i was never a vick collector, 65% seems a little high though. maybe more like 30-40%. If he is banned for life maybe 65% or more but until the suspension has a length i couldnt say for sure. also i believe that if you give it some more time the prices with drop, because right now a lot of people are doing what your trying to do. Again it is a risk, look at palmeiro, after he got caught people wanted his stuff cheap but now its worth nothing.

byergo
08-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Definately a risky game to play. His helmets had extremely weak showings in the most recent American Memorabilia and Vintage Authentics auctions, and to be sure there will be nothing but escalating bad news for a VERY long time, two years minimum. So I tend to agree with you, the prices dropped a lot and will continue to drop. Still, if I were a GM I'd be figuring out how to get him on my team for pennies on the dollar, as he still has the greatest upside potential in the history of QB's, especially if he gets his head out of his arse. Those who think he'll never play again are wrong IMHO, but I like being a buyer in that environment. As Warren Buffet says: buy at the time of greatest dispair, and sell into euphoria.

Sheffield11
08-24-2007, 08:14 PM
there are some cleats on ebay for $1000, way too high though, now worth $300?

byergo
08-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Vick's GU helmet just sold for only $544.03 at Vintage Authentics, I passed on bidding up from there, so I think you'd be LUCKY to get $150/$175 for his cleats now (and I wouldn't be a buyer). Admittedly I'm not a big cleats fan, far more into helms/jerseys.

byergo
08-24-2007, 08:50 PM
BTW--that same helmet might have brought $3,000 at auction last year so that's a drop of a staggering 82% if my math is correct.

whatupyos
08-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Why would you want anything of Vicks anyway? Why would anyone want anything from a player who does horrible or vial things? Beat their wives, and or commit felonies? Thats beyond me!

Sheffield11
08-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I personally will never like vick again, i hope he goes to jail for years and is banned from footbal for life. On the other hand i really doubt either will happen, he will probably be banned for 2 years and be in jail for around 1. I would never buy his stuff but i guess if your looking to buy low and take a risk that he will play again you could make some money, so not a terrible idea. none the less i dont support dog killers.

beavisrules
08-25-2007, 03:38 PM
With the number of folks in the general public who either like or have dogs, the market for Vick material is now incredibly limited, probably about the size of the market for game worn shower shoes (sorry Kyle, couldn't resist). :D

JackHE
08-25-2007, 06:14 PM
today on espn web page - a poll for how many years Vick SHOULD be banned. 10,000 people had voted - 45% said for LIFE. If a team ever does take a chance on him, it will be a PR nightmare.

byergo
08-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Several issues here: Americans are a forgiving lot if someone comes clean and works on redemption, and after all--don't we all live in glass houses, and aren't we all sinners?, everyone wants to win and nobody has more talent than Vick, people have done worse (the guy in STL that killed a lady drunk driving and then went on to get ANOTHER DWI, etc...), so clearly Vick will have strong support for a second chance, particularly as a decent guy with no prior record of problems. There are some extreme dog lovers and PETA members that will never embrace Vick, oh well--I can live with that. Just my musings...

sportscentury
08-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Is Rick Radtke still the exclusive distributor of Vick's game used items? I remember that he had some top items not too long ago.