PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre game used on eBay

jonschuette
08-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Can anyone offer any insight into this jersey and the seller? They appear to have great feedback and the jersey looks nice but the sellers description is off and the letter from Lou Lampson is no plus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-BRETT-FAVRE-GAME-USED-GREEN-BAY-PACKERS-JERSEY-COA_W0QQitemZ250155920861QQihZ015QQcategoryZ86829Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

kneerat
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
From the little bit of game-worn experience I claim to have, the hemmed waste line is consistent with original Favre exemplars that I have seen in my day. TRSENT is Joel Alpert, and is an honest, good guy.

If you have any questions with the jersey, I would advise emailing Joel, who has always taken the time to help me with anything I have needed.

zonker
08-20-2007, 12:12 PM
wasn't there a thread about the reebok logo placement on the sleeves of favre jersey's being closer to the stripes as in his picture on the listing. i know that other packer players wear the jersey's with the high logo placement, so i assume farve has his gamer's special made. any insight from an expert on greenbay jersey's would be appreciated. so i can clear this up for myself as i thought the high logo were issued to him and the low logo were actual gamer's special made and hemmed up for him.

gwh11
08-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Yes, the Reebok logo placement is perhaps the easy way to determine if this is a 2003 gamer. Do a quick Getty Images search under "Favre 2003" and you'll see that in every game Favre's jersey has the logo closer to the sleeve striping, as shown in the game photo included in the listing. Also, for most of the season, Favre used snaps to secure his jersey into his pants.

Guy

lund6771
08-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I would ask Rick Radtke...he has handled, and has more experience with Favre gamers from the last few years over anyone else...there is more info than just the logo on Favre stuff

Rick explanied to once to me how easy it is to tell the difference bewteen a real one and the typical BS one, but I don't remember exactly what it is...he would know in a heart-beat

RKGIBSON
08-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I have a 2001 with the Favre letter. For what ever it is worth the length seems different than mine. The picture posted in the ad seems to be about the length of mine.

Roger

mvandor
08-20-2007, 07:21 PM
No question, the Reebok logo placement is VERY different in the picture as compared to the jersey.

zonker
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
nice favre! hope to get me one of those someday soon, while i still have a good arm and a leg to give.

lund6771
08-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey Zonker I sure hope that youre talking Rogers Favre being nice, because there is no question that the ebay one is a pro-cut...it took me 4 minutes and 24 seconds to look a every game on Getty from that season to see this shirt is garbage

And Lou...don't you even have 5 minutes to try and photo match a jersey?...simply PATHETIC!!!!!!

jonschuette
08-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks to all for your persistent help. I appreciate it very much. I always knew two sets of eyes were better than one. I have posted a few pictures of my game used Favre jersey from the Nov 29, 1999 game against the San Francisco 49ers for which I was at. I was a rainy night at the Stick. Packers won.

This jersey was cut short and a piece of velcro added. It also came with a letter from the Packers equipment manager noting the game it was used in. I hope to get it autographed one day.

**I would like to get a Favre used green home jersey and red practice jersey to complete my collection. Any help or leads would be appreciated.**

Enjoy and thanks again to all.

zonker
08-21-2007, 07:47 AM
of course i was talking about rkgibson's jersey as i already have a fine sample of the other "style" already that i aquired befor guu and with a lou lampshady! holla-4-A-dolla! c.o.a. i woundn't give a rat's a** for the one listed on ebay. no offense to the seller,but he should have known better as long as he's been a member. my mother can cut/hem mine up for me, but it don't make it legit! even with the sterling fine c.o.ahhh?

otismalibu
08-21-2007, 08:34 AM
But...

this jersey was obtained through an impeccable source.

mvandor
08-21-2007, 08:46 AM
The ebay one appears to have elastic in the cut hem of the waist, every other jersey done similarly that I've seen has been challenged on these boards.

Has elastic ever been legitimately used by a team for a modified player's jersey?

lund6771
08-21-2007, 09:40 AM
there definitely are a lot of players that use elastic at the waist...If anyone wants to send me a PM I can help them more specifically...

I hate posting too much info here sometimes because I think that guys who turn the pro-cuts into the game used stuff might get ideas from here

As far as Favre goes...all the ones that you see in these auctions without customizations are garbage!!!!...The auction houses have been contacted about it, but nothing ends up happening....same excuse as always, "Lou likes it"...my response to them has been that Lou doesn't have a clue and then it stops there....

also don't fall for the velcro trick that a lot of evil people were throwing on Favre's and Marino's

jonschuette
08-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Look at these from American Memorabilia and with letters from Brett Favre.

The first link has the jersey autographed by Favre 'game used' with the Reebok label high on the sleeve. I looked at Getty Images and didn't see any of these but Favre wrote game used. Confusing.

The second link has the elastic waist and is being held by Favre. I tend to have more faith in this one but again the previous jersey is noted game used supposidly by Favre

I don't even have an opinion on the other Favre jerseys from their past/closed auctions.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=36776

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=21713

jonschuette
08-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Lund6771 - send me your email to jschuette@russell.com

zonker
08-21-2007, 05:40 PM
the inscription on the 1st jersey is forged that's why they have'nt seen that befor he doesn't writes the inscription in sentence form. it's not brett's writing. and the c.o.a only authenticates the autograph. on all farve jersey's signed game used almost alway's comes like in the 2nd auction. picture of him with the jersey w.hologram , usally the stat's from the game and the c.o.a. states the same thing as the jersey.

RKGIBSON
08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Here is what a Favre game used cert looks like. My jersey was used vs the Rams 1-20-2002.

The length in that era seems to vary some. I have not seen any I thought had elastic in the tail.

Many NFL teams used elastic in the tails. I started noticing it being used a lot in 2003. It was used in the sleeves for years, early 80 I know. If you want to see different style LMK.

On other thing, I'm not sure if Lund was saying Marino never used velcro on his tail or if he was saying it is a trick to make a non-gamer look real. I have a 1998 Marino that was used on 10-25-1998. I has strips of velcro on the tail. I purchased this jersey at the 2005 Super Bowl auction from the NFL and have photo matched it. Photo of tail attached.

Roger

CollectGU
08-21-2007, 08:24 PM
the inscription on the 1st jersey is forged that's why they have'nt seen that befor he doesn't writes the inscription in sentence form. it's not brett's writing. and the c.o.a only authenticates the autograph. on all farve jersey's signed game used almost alway's comes like in the 2nd auction. picture of him with the jersey w.hologram , usally the stat's from the game and the c.o.a. states the same thing as the jersey.

It matches up with other Favre writing especially the "G" and "d" in Game used......PSA also passed the inscription....

zonker
08-21-2007, 09:36 PM
psa is not perfect. why would they need to authenticate it anyway when it comes with a favre c.o.a? you know just the one for for the autograph. why would favre sign a jersey that he know's was not custom made for him ,can't be photo matched to any game ,in 2002 doesn't come with a favre game used c.o.a. as the "autograph" and the "game used" are 2 completely differant c.o.a.'s , just as the 2003 can't be photo matched, just look's like the right hem job,has logo problem's etc. if and when the buyer figures out it's not what he think it is and put's it back up for sale if you feel comfortable with the g and the d looking good by all mean's buy it same for the 2003. contact favre through his web site, send pic's and ask his opion on either of them and if he think's it was worn by him. i'm taking bet's they both fail or he already would have his c.o.a. with them and if you lose it you can get a replacement by sending the jersey back to him and have him examine it. why somebody else's, so it would look legit my guess!

lund6771
08-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Hi Roger

Yes I was implying that the crooks out there have tried to pass Marino pro-cuts for gamers by adding the velcro...same with Favre jerseys...

[content removed] I'd have to agree with Zonker on this one..I think Favre started selling his own stuff in 2000 and EVERY piece comes with a letter, like the one that Roger is showing, along with a pic of him with the shirt..I think it was sometime in 2003 that he started writing the date and score on them...There should be 3 holograms that all have the same S#...on the shirt, the letter, and on the pic... The other little post-card of a letter [content removed] was for a typical signed pro-cut jersey....nice work Lou

Eric
08-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi Roger

Yes I was implying that the crooks out there have tried to pass Marino pro-cuts for gamers by adding the velcro...same with Favre jerseys...

[content removed] I'd have to agree with Zonker on this one..I think Favre started selling his own stuff in 2000 and EVERY piece comes with a letter, like the one that Roger is showing, along with a pic of him with the shirt..I think it was sometime in 2003 that he started writing the date and score on them...There should be 3 holograms that all have the same S#...on the shirt, the letter, and on the pic... The other little post-card of a letter [content removed] was for a typical signed pro-cut jersey....nice work Lou

That's actually not true. i have a game used Brett Favre shirt that came from a front office person from the St. Louis Rams.

Eric

lund6771
08-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Eric...

When I meant "EVERY"..that meant EVERY piece that came through Favre's distributer.Rick Radtke...Does your shirt come with a Favre hologram for the sig only?..lets say the AMI Favre got out like yours did, then it was sent to Favre to get signed, there would be no way in hell that he would sign it game used!!!..any angle you look at with this one, it simply doesn't add up...ecspecially with the raised logos...this ones a no brainer

obviously jerseys can come from other places than Rick...but that is a rarity...I have a Montana that is similar to your Favre, so of course it is possible for one to get out in a "untradional" fashion, but not this one

CollectGU
08-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I am simply stating that the writing , specifically the word "game Used" on the one in AMI sure looks like the writing on this jersey. PSA agreed. You don't think it looks the same?. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of a company, it based on what I see with my eyes. Do you see somehting different?

http://www.lelands.com/App_Themes/Images/Auctions_Images/405/popups/20001c.jpg

kneerat
08-22-2007, 11:14 AM
One thing you could do is contact Red Batty at Lambeau Field... He has been very helpful with this sort of thing before... He is the Packers' equipment manager, so he would know.

RKGIBSON
08-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Here is the autograph and hologram on mine. The hologram is on the certificate, the picture and the jersey.

Roger

gwh11
08-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I agree that it's rare to find a real Favre gamer without his accompanying hologram, paperwork, etc., but there are a few out there, as in Eric's case for example. While having all of that greatly increases the chance that a Favre jersey is "real", unfortunately it is not a guarantee. I've seen a few jerseys that Favre signed as "game worn", with the hologram, etc. that were, in fact, not game worn.
Guy

jonschuette
08-22-2007, 03:51 PM
I have a call into Gordan "Red" Batty regarding my 1999 Favre. Hopefully he will call back and have some helpful information.

I originally purchased my jersey from someone in Wisconsin who recieved it through the big purchase Grey Flannel did with Red Batty and the Packers during the '99 year and maybe previous years also. I know I purchased a 1998 Mark Chumra jersey from Grey Flannel.

Jon Schuette
Always looking for Will Clark game used items and am still in the hunt for that elusive Brett Favre worn red practice jersey

gwh11
08-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Jon,
Is your 1998 Chmura jersey a green home or white away?
Guy

ChrisCavalier
08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
I am very sorry I didn't ask this question before but was the seller of the jersey emailed with any concerns (as per Chris Neerat's suggestion early on in this thread). As is stated in the forum rules:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

I believe the seller has a high feedback rating and would be responsive to any questions. Once again, these rules were set up to help prevent potential misunderstandings about items. I am sorry that I have to keep saying this and also that I didn't post this message earlier.

Sincerely,
Chris

gwh11
08-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Chris,
Even though this is all kind of late in the auction, I emailed Joel about this.
Guy

ChrisCavalier
08-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Chris,
Even though this is all kind of late in the auction, I emailed Joel about this.
Guy
Thank you very much Guy. I think Joel is very responsive and I wish I had recognized the fact that he wasn't contacted earlier.

Sincerely,
Chris

CollectGU
08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Pete,

You were kind enough to insult me earlier, but haven't responded. Does the wording below look different than the one AMI sold? I'd like to hear your opinion specifically on the wording...Maybe Favre signed this jersey incorrectly, but it sure as heck looks like his writing to me....

I am simply stating that the writing , specifically the word "game Used" on the one in AMI sure looks like the writing on this jersey. PSA agreed. You don't think it looks the same?. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of a company, it based on what I see with my eyes. Do you see somehting different?

http://www.lelands.com/App_Themes/Images/Auctions_Images/405/popups/20001c.jpg

lund6771
08-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Dave...

please don't take my comment about your love for AMI as insultive...it's frustrating to see you consistantly back these guys when there have been numerous issues, not only with me but with others, discussed about them on this site....

I will not comment on whether an inscription matches...by no means do I consider myself an autograph expert...And the insription is not the issue..so don't try to make it one....the issue is that another fake Favre jersey was sold with a letter from Lampson..where was the research?...Granted I, personally, would not research a jersey as much if it came with the letter and the pic...but this shirt had no letter and no pic!!!..surely an auhenticator of Lampsons standards would know that a game used Favre jersey should come with a letter from Bret and a pic of him with the shirt...but this one only came with the postcard guarenteeing an autograph

ok..besides the fact the logos are in the wrong location, no letter, and no pic....do you need another red flag?...how about this one....why would someone feel the need to send it to PSA when it already comes with a Favre holomgram?....

I know that Rick reads here...If I remember correctly, I think that you keep a log of the S#'s on a game used jersey...is it possible that you might be ale to track this hologram to see if it was logged as such?...

It would be great if you could chime in on this one and make Dave's smoke screens blow away

lund6771
08-22-2007, 09:38 PM
I'll also be curious to see if the buyer of the AMi shirt will be contacted and offered a refund...please post the outcome of this situation

lund6771
08-22-2007, 10:52 PM
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/1749776.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('1749776'))` http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/51748858.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('51748858')) http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/51749050.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('51749050'))
jan 5 vs falcons dec 22 vs bills dec 1 vs bears

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/51748299.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('51748299')) http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/51749771.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('51749771')) http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/51748114.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('51748114'))
nov 10 vs lions nov 4 vs dolphins oct 20 vs skins

jonschuette
08-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Guy,

The '98 Chmura jersey was a green with a croch piece. I have since sold it.

Chris,

I had contacted Joel in conjunction with starting this thread. I asked Joel about his description of the jersey and asked the forum for their opinion.

This thread has been very helpful for me and I believe it chalks up another win for the GUU, but it appears it has also conjured up some very valuble constructive criticisms. In not wanting the single out anyone, thank you all for your input.

I saw under another one of the GUU areas, someone has posted a "show me your Favre jersey". It appears I have stuck a nerve with this topic.
Keep your information coming. Whether your agree with the comments or not in this thread, they are valuble for all.

Thanks
Jon Schuette
Always looking for Will Clark game used items and am still in the hunt for that elusive Brett Favre worn red practice jersey

lund6771
08-22-2007, 11:10 PM
sorry for the multiple posts, I'm some what illiterate when it comes to copying pics...

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/51747486.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('51747486')) http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/53239733.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('53239733')) http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/51747385.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (javascript:popDetail('51747385'))
sep 29 vs carolina sept 8 vs falcons aug 30 vs titans

Look at the logo on the sleeves from each game...This case is not closed unless the buyer of the jersey in the 7/19/07 auction gets a refund

hblakewolf
08-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Thank you very much Guy. I think Joel is very responsive and I wish I had recognized the fact that he wasn't contacted earlier.

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris-
With the various issues about the authenticity of this particular Favre jersey, can you or another GUU reader update us on what type of insight and responses ebay seller Joel Alpert provided to the questions sent directly to him?

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

CollectGU
08-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Pete,

I wasn't backing anybody. I don't care what auction house sold it, the inscription is certainly part of the issue! Don't change it! If it is Favre's handwriting then maybe he has incorrectly labeled a jersey as game used, but please answer the original question - look at the handwriting examples and answer if you agree if he wrote it? Yes or No? Why or how he incorrectly labeled this jersey as game used is another issue....

Dave

Dave...

please don't take my comment about your love for AMI as insultive...it's frustrating to see you consistantly back these guys when there have been numerous issues, not only with me but with others, discussed about them on this site....

I will not comment on whether an inscription matches...by no means do I consider myself an autograph expert...And the insription is not the issue..so don't try to make it one....the issue is that another fake Favre jersey was sold with a letter from Lampson..where was the research?...Granted I, personally, would not research a jersey as much if it came with the letter and the pic...but this shirt had no letter and no pic!!!..surely an auhenticator of Lampsons standards would know that a game used Favre jersey should come with a letter from Bret and a pic of him with the shirt...but this one only came with the postcard guarenteeing an autograph

ok..besides the fact the logos are in the wrong location, no letter, and no pic....do you need another red flag?...how about this one....why would someone feel the need to send it to PSA when it already comes with a Favre holomgram?....

I know that Rick reads here...If I remember correctly, I think that you keep a log of the S#'s on a game used jersey...is it possible that you might be ale to track this hologram to see if it was logged as such?...

It would be great if you could chime in on this one and make Dave's smoke screens blow away

jonschuette
08-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Howard,

I asked him about the differences between his description of the item and the pictures that were included not about the providence. I think since there was a letter included from Lou stating it was game used, there was no question about it authenticity in the buyers eyes hence that is why they listed on eBay as game used. I guess I could have pointed out the location of the logo on the sleeve, but I didn't realize that

discrepancy until after I contacted the forum.

I think this is a prefect case of caveat emptor and using the GUU as a resource.

Jon Schuette

mvandor
08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
then maybe he has incorrectly labeled a jersey as game used
I think we need to accept the possibility that some fake producers are so good that even the players don't catch them all. Do you really think Favre ever paid attention to the logo location on his sleeves? Figure he has other things to concentrate on. Also possibility someone working for him fed him a wrong item purposely or on accident when he was doing his signing at what appears to be the garage of his or someone else's home. Imperfect science to be sure.

ChrisCavalier
08-23-2007, 10:20 AM
One quick note here. I think this thread has educational value and that is great for collectors. However, I have noticed comments in a couple of posts in this thread that appear to be a bit pointed and more on a personal level. I am going to ask that we please stay focused on the discussion of the jerseys and what the community can learn from an analysis of them.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Chris

lund6771
08-23-2007, 01:54 PM
From my understanding...when Favre does his signings all the pro-cuts, balls, helmets, & pics are all laid out on the tables and then it's an assembly line process...

The game used items are mailed to Rick after games...thus his signings and game used items are completely isolated from one another...so there is no chance that Bret has 200 pro-cuts sitting in front of him, and all of a sudden he decides that he's going to sign one as game used?...Without taking a picture and writing a letter?...Not Likely

As long as it's obvious that this jersey is a pro-cut, I'll address the incsription...

For a second time I am not and do not claim to be an autograph expert...I could go onto e-bay and see 1,000 michael jordan autographs and they all look the same to me...does that mean that they are all real if they look like the Upperdeck ones?...of course not...but there are some damn good forgers out there who, for nominal money and effort, can simply add game used to a shirt to try and pass it off that way...which is what likely happenned here....

Again, I can't see why anyone with 1% of a brain would actually send a jersey to PSA if they bought a jersey with a Favre hologram...That's why people spend the extra $ buying from Upperdeck and Rick Radtke, because they KNOW that it is real...is PSA deemed more reliable then Upperdeck or Rick's signings?...in this case I think the forger, by sending it to PSA, thought it would help bolster his case for authenticity...

I have seen once where a jersey was signed incorrectly, meaning that it was signed as being worn versus one team when it was actually worn against another..that was obviously an honest mistake on Bret's part...no big deal....

it still had the letter and the pics...this is how Rick set it up with both Bret and Mike Vick...This gives the collector 100% piece of mind that they are buying the real thing

I'm done beating a dead horse on this thread...Bottom line, a bad jersey was sold and, as usual, I'm sure restitution will not be made

CollectGU
08-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Pete,

So far you have been shown 3 examples of his hadwriting that match up EXACTLY to the AMI shirt. The fact that you refuse to admit that proves my point as well. Maybe you should start with Favre's company first and asked why he signed the jersey like this? I am also done with this thread as I think I've proven my point as well...

From my understanding...when Favre does his signings all the pro-cuts, balls, helmets, & pics are all laid out on the tables and then it's an assembly line process...

The game used items are mailed to Rick after games...thus his signings and game used items are completely isolated from one another...so there is no chance that Bret has 200 pro-cuts sitting in front of him, and all of a sudden he decides that he's going to sign one as game used?...Without taking a picture and writing a letter?...Not Likely

As long as it's obvious that this jersey is a pro-cut, I'll address the incsription...

For a second time I am not and do not claim to be an autograph expert...I could go onto e-bay and see 1,000 michael jordan autographs and they all look the same to me...does that mean that they are all real if they look like the Upperdeck ones?...of course not...but there are some damn good forgers out there who, for nominal money and effort, can simply add game used to a shirt to try and pass it off that way...which is what likely happenned here....

Again, I can't see why anyone with 1% of a brain would actually send a jersey to PSA if they bought a jersey with a Favre hologram...That's why people spend the extra $ buying from Upperdeck and Rick Radtke, because they KNOW that it is real...is PSA deemed more reliable then Upperdeck or Rick's signings?...in this case I think the forger, by sending it to PSA, thought it would help bolster his case for authenticity...

I have seen once where a jersey was signed incorrectly, meaning that it was signed as being worn versus one team when it was actually worn against another..that was obviously an honest mistake on Bret's part...no big deal....

it still had the letter and the pics...this is how Rick set it up with both Bret and Mike Vick...This gives the collector 100% piece of mind that they are buying the real thing

I'm done beating a dead horse on this thread...Bottom line, a bad jersey was sold and, as usual, I'm sure restitution will not be made

lund6771
08-23-2007, 02:58 PM
That's fine Dave...Since you are obviously an autograph expert, I and everyone else out there will have to take your word for it...

You completely disregard all of the red flags on this jersey, with a monumental conclusion that the autograph looks similar to you as it does on some others...maybe that's why so many true collectors come and go through this hobby because they run into situations like this and have to deal with people that are oblivious to reality...

you keep arguing about the inscription and mention nothing about the jersey...what is your opinion of the jersey itself?...do you believe that this was worn in a game?...do you feel that AMI should refund the purchaser of this shirt?

So I understand correctly...If you were the seller of this jersey, and were provided all of the photos and evidence clearly showing that this shirt was a pro-cut...you would not offer the buyer a refund because, in your opinion, the "full game used" inscription appears to match some real ones?...Get Real

CollectGU
08-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Pete,

You stated that there is no way in hell that Favre signed the jersey. I gave you covincing evidence that he did sign the jersey and it is his handwriting. So, now you can ask Brett Favre through his website or his company why he signed a pro-cut as game used when it is not, and maybe you can get back to us with an answer. Maybe there is a plausible explanation? I'm sure you haven't asked him or his representatives, but since it originated with Brett Favre that is where I would start....

That's fine Dave...Since you are obviously an autograph expert, I and everyone else out there will have to take your word for it...

what is your opinion of the jersey itself?...do you believe that this was worn in a game?...do you feel that AMI should refund the purchaser of this shirt?

So I understand correctly...If you were the seller of this jersey, and were provided all of the photos and evidence clearly showing that this shirt was a pro-cut...you would not offer the buyer a refund because, in your opinion, the "full game used" inscription appears to match some real ones?...Get Real

lund6771
08-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Dave...since I'm not directly involved, I won't be starting anywhere...

I think the place to start would be that AMI return the shirt to their consigner and refund the buyer the money...why? because THE SHIRT IS FAKE...from that point on, the consignor can start figuring out who took this pro-cut jersey, trimmed the tail, and added elastic to it...and then somewhere up the line Bret signed the pro-cut..there's your trail...It doesn't matter where it started, but somewhere in between, it went from being a pro-cut that was turned into a gamer...

...Dave, what else do you need, the shirt is FAKE...can't you come to that realization?

CollectGU
08-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Pete,

I think the most obvious place to start is where it originated as a supposed gamer - with Favre signing it as game used..Why not research it as I suggested and get back to us with the results...Mybe he has a plausible reason? Let us know what you find out...

Regards,
Dave

lund6771
08-23-2007, 07:08 PM
i find it strange that Brett signed a jersey this way and it did not come with a picture and a letter...if it did come with these items, I would agree with you 100%...that something is wrong at the source...

So Dave, are you accusing Brett Favre of trimming the tail of a pro-cut, adding elastic, signing it as a game used shirt, but yet not provide a letter or a picture...are you serious that someone should actually come to Brett Favre and ask him these questions for the sole reason beacause YOU believe some inscriptions match?....

When one looks at the track record of Brett Favre versus AMI, I sure as hell know where I would start my investigation

You still never aswered the question if you feel that the buyer of the AMI shirt should receive a refund?...he never bought the shirt from Brett, he bought from AMI and it's an obvious fake...so why won't you answer this question?

Chris or Eric...I think that it might be time to end this thread because my head is starting to hurt from beating it against the wall...I am suprised that a lot of other readers out there haven't jumped in this one, but I'm sure you're having a great laugh from the sidelines watching this stupidity

jonschuette
09-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Sorry for resurrecting this thread again, but I have some information to add.

Red Batty returned my call and was very helpful. Thanks Kneerat.

I actually sent my jersey to him in Green Bay and he was able to personally verify its authenticity. Not only did he look at it but also had the Green Bay Packers tailoring/seamstress department verify it.

Jon Schuette

kneerat
09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Wow... that's awesome... Gordon is a true class act.

Always has been helpful with collectors.

Go Pack!