PDA

View Full Version : Beware fake Arod and McGwire game used bats on eBay!

gameusedbat.com
08-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey guys,

This is what the forum is for, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-Louisville-Slugger-GAME-USED-BAT_W0QQitemZ130144760951QQihZ003QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DO NOT BID! The line under the 125 has been doctored! (look closely)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-McGwire-Game-Used-Bat-Athletics-As-Cardinals_W0QQitemZ300142307274QQihZ020QQcategoryZ 60596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Once again, BEWARE! The Mac autograph AND bat itself are fake!

Ryan

woodbat
08-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi,
I concur with gameusedbat....
I emailed another Cardinal bat collector and mentioned that this McGwire "autograph" just didn't look right to me. I realize that it is supposed to from early in his career, and players signing habits will sometimes change with time. However I have a Cardinal bat of his autographed from the 2000 season and to me the autographs do not favor at all.
If you all have the article from the SCD September 11, 1998 pages 50 and 51 concerning Mark's autographs, good article to read and compare. If anyone would like a copy, email me with your address and I will send you a xerox of the pages.

woodbat@bellsouth.net

Vintagedeputy
08-19-2007, 07:52 PM
To the seller's credit, he does mention the line.

FWIW

Jim

whatupyos
08-19-2007, 08:21 PM
I also think the Mac signiture is off. I have 29 Mark McGwire autographs and 24 of them I have got at the stadium either before or after games. From all throughout his Oakland days. It doesnt even look like his earlier signiture to me. Also, on McGwire.com there is some good references to his signitures and how they've changed over the years.

cjmedina1
08-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I had emailed the seller asking about the bat.My response was "This is a real Mcgwire bat" I also asked what are the numbers on the bat knob the seller response was"There is a 25 on the bat knob" When I had asked him for the model and batch numbers seller said"256b and there is some other number I cant read". In my response I emailed the seller myweb site www.markmcgwirebats.com,www.birdbats.com,www.mcgwi re.com for more info on Mcgwiregame used bats info and I haven't heard back from the seller.
The signature is way off probably one of the worse Ive seen.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

BMH
08-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Another thing to look for on Arod bats is his Blck Ash bats will be Smith finished. This is a process that hides the grain of the bat. He also requests that his bats not get the MLB logo on the back.