PDA

View Full Version : My bad deal with Elite Sports Marketing

jon_8_us
08-18-2007, 03:49 PM
As some of you may know Elite has signed Manny Ramirez to a game used contract.They started advertising this in the beginning of May saying that they had a June 26th signing where they would be getting a heap of game used equipment.Being the huge Manny fan i am i immediately contacted Scot Monette the presidend of Elite to inquire.I was offered a pre pay price on a 07 game used and autographed Sam bat which i made payment for on May 15th.I was actually invited up to Boston by Scot to the hotel where the signing was taking place to pick out my bat and peruse all the other game used items.I was suppose to meet him on June 26th but thankfully couldn't make it as there was no game used anyway.At this point i was mostly impressed with my dealings with Scot.He told me on July 12th that the last signing was that week and i would get my bat shortly thereafter.I emailed him a few days after that to incquire about my bat and thats when it started going downhill.His answers(if any at all)were very short and vague saying that the signing would be"any day now".Well i sat for a couple weeks and heard that indeed the last signing happened right before the National in Cleveland at the end of July and i patiently waited for Scot to get back to his offices to inquire when my bat was gonna be shipped.This was August 5th.I get an answer the next day saying that he had my bat and it will be shipped 2 days later and that i'd love it.Well needless to say that day came and went and i got nothing.So again i emailed Scot pretty sternly asking for a refund as i was sick and tired of the ignored emails dates that came and went.And excuses like Manny's character was part of the problem(which i can see to a point).I also told him i was gonna write this letter if i didn't get the truth.Last email i got from him was on August 14th saying to please give him one more day and don't write a letter to the forum.He stated that he didn't have my bat and that it was in Boston still but was gonna take care of it and send me some pics.Well 3 ignored emails later here i am empty handed with no idea whats going on and 700$+ in the hole.

If he chooses to post here please know that i have all emails between he and i for this whole deal.And can prove everything i claim here without a doubt.

This is just a fraction of our correspondence.He is literally ignoring me at this point.I'm contacting my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau of South Florida because he refuses to give me the bat he says he has or the refund that i have asked for at least 3 times now.Really to bad because a lot of you know how much Manny stuff i go after as does Scot.So he just lost a big customer.
Jon

Sheffield11
08-18-2007, 06:07 PM
That is terrible, but unfortunately i can believe it. Scot at ESM was helpful to me in the past with responding to quesitions, but lately the i cant buy a response. i am seriously interested in buying things and he simply doesnt return my emails. I feel bad that you already prepaid for the bats, and good luck getting your money back because most likely he doesnt have your bats. Every since mario and matt left ESM it has been a mess. This is just my opinion, but i dont feel its a stretch from the truth.

kylehess10
08-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Every since mario and matt left ESM it has been a mess.

Very true!

XPFO
08-18-2007, 06:36 PM
I deal with a gentleman named Ted at Elite as I had been having problems with Scot as well (responding to my e-mails mostly). Ted though has been nothing but wonderful and helpful in every way. E-mail me at davegameguy@yahoo.ca if you would like his personal e-mail address (not an elite account).

Dave

zookerman182
08-18-2007, 06:40 PM
they are a poor memorabilia company and all they care about is getting paid. They got your money so why should they reply to your e-mails? They cant even mark thier memorabilia right. I bought a "2001" signed game used ricky gutierrez bat and when i got the bat on the end was a manufactures date of 2002? Thats simply not possible. So i'm not suprised you are having trouble with them and i wish you the best in the situation.

jon_8_us
08-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I deal with a gentleman named Ted at Elite as I had been having problems with Scot as well (responding to my e-mails mostly). Ted though has been nothing but wonderful and helpful in every way. E-mail me at davegameguy@yahoo.ca if you would like his personal e-mail address (not an elite account).

Dave

I agree.The one email i git from Ted was probably the best i got but still no bat.I will keep this thread updated to what happens.
jon

dcrules01
08-18-2007, 06:58 PM
I was wondering about Elites reputation.I have seen them a lot on ebay.That really sucks. If I was in there position I would refund you a part of the money and send you the bat.That would be good buisness sense but that is me..Good Luck with the bat and I might be hitting you up with some Manny bat questions in the near future because I am interested in obtaining one..

jon_8_us
08-18-2007, 07:08 PM
I was wondering about Elites reputation.I have seen them a lot on ebay.That really sucks. If I was in there position I would refund you a part of the money and send you the bat.That would be good buisness sense but that is me..Good Luck with the bat and I might be hitting you up with some Manny bat questions in the near future because I am interested in obtaining one..

Thats basically what i told Scot would make me happy at this point.The bat and maybe like 100$.We'll see.Email me anytime with Manny questions.
Jon

dcrules01
08-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks and just so you know I hope to have a David Wright collection like your Manny's someday :D

Sheffield11
08-18-2007, 07:17 PM
do you have any wright bats for sale?

dcrules01
08-18-2007, 07:20 PM
I have 2 but they aren't for sale.

sportscentury
08-18-2007, 08:20 PM
I did some deals with Scot and Brad back when they were ASI (Authentic Sports Investments). Rickey Henderson sold them an incredible collection of his game used items, including some items from some of his historic and record breaking games. Incredible stuff. Some of the Rickey items from those days stayed in my private collection for a long time as they were the finest available.

Whenever I talked with Brad and Scot on the phone, they were nothing but nice and helpful. However, I was always incredibly disappointed with my items. For example, a pair of Rickey's Oakland A's cleats were described to me as heavily used, but they were as fresh and new as the day they left the factory. It was heck trying to get a refund. I also paid top dollar for some signatures, but they took forever to arrive (in one case, over a year) and they seldom turned out as I requested. Very disappointing. I finally gave up - just not worth it.

I wish you luck with your situation.

Reid

AROD313
08-19-2007, 12:24 AM
I know exactly what you are going through because I had the same thing happen to me. I had 2 Manny GU bats and I contacted Scot as soon as their add came out about the signing and maybe getting them signed and inscribed game used. He said it would be $500 to get them both signed inscribed and a signed LOA. I thought this was reasonable. I sent a check and just got the bats this Friday. At least I got my bats back but they had no holograms and no LOA's. I have had pretty good luck with Elite/ASI/ArodAuth in the past but this is by far the worst transaction I have had with them. Maybe it is hard working with Manny?

gameusedbat.com
08-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Jon,

I too have had problems with Scot. My problems were before he was Elite when he was ASI in the early stages. He reviewed with me the items he had and we made a verbal agreement on 12 Giambi game used A's bats, Kazuhiro Sasaki game worn cleats, and 2 Miguel Tejada bats. I got directions to his house and came with cash (the amount we agreed). Literally, 20 minutes later arriving at his home my first deal with Scot went sour. He re-negged on the entire deal and sold half the Giambi bats within the 20 minute span (AS I was driving to his place). The Sasaki Cleats were also sold right out underneath me. To make things even worse, he actually RAISED the price on the remaining Giambi bats! The only bat still available at the quoted price was ONE TEJADA BAT! I walked out making it clear to Scot that this story would be told and I would never do business with him again.

Ryan

whatupyos
08-19-2007, 01:39 AM
What a piece of work this cat is? Who does he think he is? Man, I'll make sure I never do business with them!!!! Thats horrible business!!!

allstarsplus
08-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I did some deals with Scot and Brad back when they were ASI (Authentic Sports Investments). Rickey Henderson sold them an incredible collection of his game used items, including some items from some of his historic and record breaking games. Incredible stuff. Some of the Rickey items from those days stayed in my private collection for a long time as they were the finest available.

Reid Reid - I think that sale was in 2002. I got lucky and responded quickly on some of the historic items from the Rickey Henderson collection they had for sale and got the cleats from his 3001st hit game and some nice bats. They were great items as I always wanted Henderson cleats and the only cleats better would have been his record breaking steal cleats or run scoring record cleats or his 3,000th hit cleats.

Over the years I have received some excellent items like a photomatched Magglio Ordonez game used World Series bat from 2006 and some great Jose Guillen items and most recently Frank Thomas game used bats.

With that said, I have also had my share of problems including the WBC Pujols items I paid for that were never delivered last year---which I did get a refund for and a problem Palmeiro jersey which Scot took care of too and other issues included some mis-described bats too.

Yes, I have raised my blood pressure on several occassions dealing with Scot. I won't even discuss here the drama regarding that Bonds/ARod show in New York City a few years ago!

Jon, I haven't talked to Scot in a month or so but I will call him on his cellphone and try to reach out to him and lets hope in the end you can Post here that this was resolved.

In a strange twist of irony, there is an old post on Ken Golem that is now current again with a Post from Scot to Golem on Post # 14

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=49904#post49904

-You are a 100 % flat out liar. I have 2 bounced checks that you never made good on. Do you think people are stupid on this forum??

Andrew

PudgePollyMillerFan
08-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Wow.....tough read here guys/gals......I am glad there are forums like this and helpfuly information/experiences........I was going to purchase more items from Elite as well as they supposedly work quite a bit with the Detroit Tigers players.....guess I can scratch them off my list as well as Lampson and the other fakes/cheaters/liars and just plain bad dealers out there screwing us collectors over. Sorry to hear about everyone's bad experiences......

sportscentury
08-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi, Andrew...

Thanks for your post. The Rickey Henderson game used jerseys, bats, and equipment they received were INCREDIBLE and the acquisition was all the talk amongst Rickey collectors. I was able to land 10 or so of the better bats, several of which came from Rick Radtke who had purchased a large lot from them. I remember Scot telling me that Rickey was still holding on to a lot of his top items and that he was planning another deal with him, but that was quite a while ago now. I had terrible luck with ASI, but they did bring some terrific items to the market.

As for the quote you listed about Golem, I followed the link but did not see it. Was the post removed? Or am I missing something? I think you'll appreciate the post I just added to the Golem thread.

Thanks,
Reid

allstarsplus
08-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi, Andrew...

As for the quote you listed about Golem, I followed the link but did not see it. Was the post removed? Or am I missing something? I think you'll appreciate the post I just added to the Golem thread.

Thanks,
Reid By the way, I did leave Scot a voicemail message this morning on his cellphone.

Reid - I copied the full text over from the Golem thread---

05-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Elite (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=1221) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Buyer Beware All Please Read Impostant
You are a 100 % flat out liar. I have 2 bounced checks that you never made good on. Do you think people are stupid on this forum?? You have screwed my company and plenty of others. you have no proof that you made good. Just to clarify you received merchandise from elite and bounced two checks and have never ever send payment to make good.
I have called your local poice andthey said I have to send you a certified letter. So lets make this legal. You will be receiving a certified letter. Lets see you lie to the police in your home town.

sportscentury
08-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Andrew,

Thanks, I must have missed that post. Is it possible that the police in his home town are not already aware of Golem? I wonder what became of that. When you talk to Scot, ask him what happened, okay?

Best,
Reid

jon_8_us
08-19-2007, 11:22 AM
By the way, I did leave Scot a voicemail message this morning on his cellphone.

Reid - I copied the full text over from the Golem thread---

Andrew,
Thank you so much for trying to help me out on this.Like i said as soon as anything happens i will let everyone know.
Jon

jon_8_us
08-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I have been corresponding with Scot through his ASI email and i just got a message saying my email was undeliverable because that email box is full.Does anyone have a good email for me to get to Scot(probably to be ignored anyway)?Thanks
Jon

wahboom22
08-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Jon

you are not alone....i pre-ordered a Manny and we are both in the same situation. I wish us both luck!

jon_8_us
08-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Jon

you are not alone....i pre-ordered a Manny and we are both in the same situation. I wish us both luck!

Please send me an email concerning your situation.Maybe if we gang up it could have an affect.
Jon

jon_8_us
08-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Here are some responses that Scot came up with when dealing with a very bad member on this forum that screwed him:

"Mr. Golem you never never sent us (elite)any money orders at all.
You promised us numerous times but you never did. Do the right thing and make good on your debts. If there are any doubts I still have the bad checks you wrote from a closed account and another one which was NSF. Remember you didn't bounce one check you bounced two checks. if you really want to clear this up contact me up @ scot@elite-sports-marketing.com"

"You are a 100 % flat out liar. I have 2 bounced checks that you never made good on. Do you think people are stupid on this forum?? You have screwed my company and plenty of others. you have no proof that you made good. Just to clarify you received merchandise from elite and bounced two checks and have never ever send payment to make good.
I have called your local poice andthey said I have to send you a certified letter. So lets make this legal. You will be receiving a certified letter. Lets see you lie to the police in your home town."

"Ken i have not received a email from you. Again all I want to just to be paid, that is it. It has been months just take care of business and clear your name"

Maybe i should consider "making this legal".......
Jon

kellsox
08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
do you have any wright bats for sale?

Sheff-
I may have something for you. Email me at:
kelsport@hotmail.com
kelly

Sheffield11
08-19-2007, 09:53 PM
email sent

jon_8_us
08-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Got an email from Ted the VP of Elite and i hope to speak with him today.Sounds like he wants to help.Thats a lot more than i can say about Scot...the President of the company.I'll keep everyone updated.
Jon

mvandor
12-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Got an email from Ted the VP of Elite and i hope to speak with him today.Sounds like he wants to help.Thats a lot more than i can say about Scot...the President of the company.I'll keep everyone updated.
Jon

So how did this play out? Someone else posted today about ESM...